Health care is not only the world’s largest and one of the fastest growing industries, but also one of the most highly regulated. By 2021, health care is expected to comprise 19.6 percent of U.S. GDP. This increased spending will open up greater possibilities for industry participants. Advances in technology and the increased use of integrated delivery systems are also creating new opportunities. All of these developments are leading to significant changes in the structure and organization of health care services for many providers and related businesses.
How We Help Our Clients
Risk and Regulation
We help clients deploy comprehensive strategies in response to regulation, taxation, and investigations.
Fraud and Abuse, Self-Referral, HIPAA Compliance and Regulatory Compliance
- Counsel clients concerning operational aspects of their business in light of pertinent federal and state fraud and abuse and self-referral prohibitions and restrictions.
- Advise on development, implementation and maintenance of corporate compliance plans and corporate integrity agreements.
- Assist providers, suppliers and practitioners in modifying operations and systems to comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules and regulations concerning health information privacy protections, standard electronic data requirements and electronic security standards.
White Collar Criminal Defense
- Advise clients in light of the increased federal and state focus on health care fraud and abuse
- We provide our clients, their officers, directors and key employees with representation in connection with investigations and trials involving fraud and abuse, false claims, program exclusion, money laundering, asset forfeiture, securities, environmental, antitrust, employee discrimination, obstruction of justice and RICO claims
Our Clients Include:
- Assisted living companies
- Clinical laboratories
- Nursing homes
- Physicians and physician groups
- Provider networks
- Tax-exempt institutions
- Dentist and dentist groups
- Sleep labs
- Home health care companies.
- Home medical equipment providers.